1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epiphone Tbird sound-a-likes?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Peck_Time, Mar 25, 2009.

1. I tried an Epiphone Thunderbird (bolt-on neck and maple body, NOT the Gibson one) in a music store today and was impressed with the warm and pillowy sounds I could coax from it. However, ergonomically it left me cold (and achey). Are there any other basses that sound similar?

2. Epiphone Embassy? Same pickups I think, conventional body shape.

3. the (epiphone) explorer also has the same pickups and configuration as the Tbird.you'll have to look somewhere else like ebay for one though,they've been discountinued a few years now

4. Barkless Dog

Barkless Dog Barkless to a point

Jan 19, 2007
    Les Paul bass uses the same electronics

5. The les paul, and maybe the EB-3.

6. I have en Epiphone T-Bird Goth (soon to be adding an Epiphone Nikki Sixx Blackbird to my collection) and find that the Epiphone Les Paul Special has a very similar sound to the T-Bird. As stated before, they both have the same electronics.

I find the Les Paul has a different feel to it that I just don't like. I'm grown pretty fond of my T-Bird. Plus the Les Paul makes you look too much like a guitarist. :p