Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epiphone thunderbird bass any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by megatron, Oct 6, 2003.

1. megatron

megatron

Jul 9, 2003
    I am looking for opinions of these basses good or bad,also for those of you who've played them what genre of music would you say these are best suited for/not suited for? I will be playing alot of rock and some motown down the line when I get good enough to play it if this helps at all. thanks for any help guys.

2. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    I've played a few and I'd say they're pretty good for the money but they have a terrible neckdive. This problem however can be easily fixed by relocating the position of the strap button. Though it sounds nothing like its more expensive cousin, it certainly does the job well and I was impressed by its quality considering the price. The T-Birds(both Epiphone and Gibson) are rock basses and many say their "pick tone" is awesome. My advice to you is drop by your local Epiphone dealer, try one and if you like it, go for it.

3. I wasn't too impressed with it when I tried it personally. Tone not great, but better with a pick, and it's just overly heavy. It's a rock bass, I couldnt see anyone really using one in Jazz or Folk music.