Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

epiphone thunderbird IV can someone help me

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Getserious, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Getserious

Getserious

Jan 21, 2005
    are they any good i need a good bass for a metal band

2. basswana

basswana

Jan 11, 2005
    Epiphones are a good deal for the money. I've never played an Epi bass, but the Les Paul that I had last year was a really nice playing guitar(sold it to buy a B.C. Rich NJ Classic).
    Any electric bass can be used for any type of music. But since you are looking for something METAL, you might try a B.C. Rich. I have a pair of Rich basses. A black NJ Warlock and a trans red NJ Mockingbird. They can be had for about the same price as an Epi. Plus they play and sound great.

3. Spanky2112

Spanky2112

Aug 20, 2003
    Utica, NY
    Got one for Christmas. I really dig it. It growls wicked!!

4. I might have to play one of those the next time I'm at the music store in Madison (about 45 minutes away). They do look cool...I hear the fretboard can be hard to play complex things on, though, because it is rather large...or is that just the older Thunderbirds? Glad you are enjoying it at any rate.

I actually have an Epiphone Accu-bass I don't play anymore (it's a p-bass ripoff). It was OK to start learning on, but I hated it once I got my Fender P-bass.