1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Epiphone Thunderbird - Missing saddle :(

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Alfie TB, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Hey,

This is my first post so i'm sorry if it's in the wrong place or if it's been answered before!

I recently lost the saddle (including the screw) from the bridge of my Epiphone Thunderbird. I've been looking for a replacement and all i've come across so far is this - http://www.rosetti.co.uk/Product/Epiphone-Bass-Bridge-Saddle-Chrome - which doesn't appear to also have the screw which i need for it.
    Worst comes i guess i'll buy a new bridge...so does anyone have any thoughts on that front?

If anyone has had this problem and can point me in the right direction i'd massively appreciate it!

2. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

Call Gibson 1-800-4Gi-bson

3. Hi.

Welcome to TalkBass Alfie.

The question pops up every once and a while, the saddles are kinda easy to lose, especially if one breaks a string on stage.

The answer is always the same: e-bay.
    An Epi oil-rig bridge shouldn't set You back more than a few $.
    No-one really likes 'em even though there's nothing wrong with 'em. IMHO/IME anyway.

Hipshot Supertone upgrade is suggested frequently as well.

Regards
    Sam

4. Bearded Wizard

Bearded Wizard

Oct 26, 2012
    I highly recommend the Hipshot Supertone. It's a big improvement in my eyes, and if you've got the spare coin, you've got a great excuse to pick one up!

5. aquateen

aquateen

Apr 14, 2005
    maryland
    allparts sells the saddles for $20-25

6. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY Supporting Member

Gibson and Epiphobe saddles are not the same thing. I have seen Epi's on eBay a few times.