1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epiphone Thunderbird Neck, Loaded

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by knigel, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    I'm the Squier of Fenderbirds
    As very few of you know, I am completely obsessed with Fenderbirds. So I have taken a perfectly wonderful 2007 Epiphone Thunderbird and stripped it bare. It was quite a player, too. Action was nice and low, and it sounded BIG.

The body is currently on my coffee table soaking in Aircraft Stripper. My hands are burning with the stuff. I sold off the rest of the parts, and the neck is all that is left.

I closed the other thread which was cluttered as heck.

6494510825_ba09c63eb1.

6494511685_08dac78525.

6494513671_5e18cdc382.

6494512705_d6d983f12d.

Nice and straight, frets are barely worn, never even had to tweak the truss rod. No breaks or funny business. Nut measures 1 5/8ths, heel is slightly shy of 2 1/4. To me, it feels somewhere between a P bass and a J bass, but a little more P than J. Of course everyone's hands are different.

Comes with black tuners that did the trick.

Looking for [DEL]50 plus a bit towards shipping[/DEL] 50 shipped. Definitely open to trades. I need a 4 string bridge (hipshot, badass, schaller, babicz, gotoh--something big heavy and chrome) or pedals, or whatever. Make crazy offers!

2. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    Pardon my ignorance. But would a standard precision or jazz body would fit this neck?

thanks,

Richie

3. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    Well, I believe the neck pocket on a J or P body would be slightly larger than the heel of this neck (depending on the make of the body of course). It would fit for sure, but you'd probably have to do a little finagling / shimming along the sides of the neck pocket.

4. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    You'd be looking at a 1/4" gap.You'd need a 1/8" shim on each side would'nt be to diff. I used a epi 'bird neck i had and a '73 p bass body for reference.

5. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    Well there you go, the straight poop.

6. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    UPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Price drop to 50 shipped. What a bahgin guy.

7. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    still just 50 shipped! or best offer! or trade me something fun!

8. llamalor2112

llamalor2112 Banned

Sep 18, 2007
    Sold! To me! Mwahahahaha!

9. knigel

knigel

Apr 20, 2009
    Hopedale, MA
    Indeed, this thunderbird neck is flying off to the left coast!

SOOOOLLLLLLLLLDDDDDD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.