1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Epiphone Thunderbird Pro Bass IV with Hard Shell Case $475 Shipped

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bentley, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Bentley

Bentley Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    Epiphone Thunderbird 4 string Bass with Hard Shell Case. My scale has this at 8.6 pounds. Plays and sounds excellent. Seven piece walnut and maple neck , through body construction. Active electronics. Fender style easily and fully adjustable bridge.
    The $475 firm US dollar price includes shipping using Canada Post / USPS expedited parcel insured and tracked to your door within Canada and the continental United States. Alaska and Hawaii ship costs are about $10 higher so lets make the price $485 US Dollars to ship to those two states.

A heads up for a USA buyer: the bass contains rosewood so I have to do some papers for CITES first and then ship the bass after the papers come back...no concern for the buyer other than I can't ship until I get the papers back.
    Any questions are invited so message me. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  2. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Would you be interested in a '95 reissue Blueburst Danelectro Longhorn?? It is unique but I am ready for a change.

3. sludgetail

sludgetail Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    Damn that’s a bangin’ bird my friend, GLWTS!!

Ductapeman and JTE70 like this.
  4. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4

Jul 8, 2019
    Very interested here. So if I pay I have to wait because of the Rosewood correct?

5. Bentley

Aug 3, 2008
    The way I do this is to get the buyers name entered on the submitted permit, then the wait takes place while the government processes and hands me the approved permit, then you pay me (I dont need to be paid until I got the completed approved permit). Takes a few weeks extra for the permit to roll from submitted to approved.

6. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4

Jul 8, 2019
    Why exactly is that required? Never ran into this sort of thing at Music stores or private sellers? Thanks

7. BlueTalon

BlueTalon Happy Cynic

Mar 20, 2011
    Spokane, Washington
    Endorsing Artist: Turnstyle Switch
    You don't have to deal with it if you're in Canada since the seller is also in Canada. If you're anywhere else besides Canada, then you're talking about a bass with a Rosewood fretboard crossing an international border. Rosewood is one of the many woods covered under the CITES international treaty which deals with endangered species, so there's a process that has to be followed when sending an instrument that has Rosewood on it or in it.

Rocknroller4 likes this.
  8. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4

Jul 8, 2019
    Got it. That makes sense. Didn't realize the seller was based in Canada.

9. I am from east of Saskatchewan and would like to know if prices in CAD would be different than in US$ considering the exchange rate. Also, for "within Canada sales", would the shipping be at a different price!
    Merci!
    M.

10. Bentley

Aug 3, 2008
    Private messages sent to the folks above , numbers talk is always best in that private message area.

11. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Excellent bass, one is used here a LOT recently.
    Battery life is very good, headstock is smaller and lighter than the Epi Vintage or Gibson versions so you get no neck dive, and it has a REAL bridge not a 3-point nightmare. The only "be careful" issue is securing the battery door after a change(small compartment for 9 volt). Pushing down FIRMLY while working the latch with a thumbnail or small screwdriver works best lest it come open while playing....meaning you didn't close it all the way.