Epiphone Thunderbird total length???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Platypus13, May 10, 2021.

1. Platypus13

Platypus13

Mar 3, 2021
    Anyone out there know the total length of an Epi Thunderbird Vintage pro / 60s bass? I know it’s a 34” scale, but I can’t find an overall length anywhere. I’ve got one on the way and I’m trying to source a gig bag for it and withe the slanted body and ginormous headstock, I don’t think it’s gonna fit in just any ole’ gig bag.

2. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Gator Pro Go
    Fits in here after removing bottom bumper.
    Pics-Art-10-18-05-05-55.jpg

3. Platypus13

Platypus13

Mar 3, 2021
    Oof that’s a nice bag but a lotta dough for a softy. I’d probably buy the Epiphone hard case that’s made for them for $30-$40 less. I was hoping to find a gig bag around $60 or less for this bass. MF told me the Gator GB-4G would work. This one https://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/gator-gb-4g-bass-series-gig-bag-for-bass-guitar

It showed up today and I’m skeptical. The spec sheet on Gator’s site says the O.A. Interior length is 48” My tape measure reads more like 46-1/2 and my Squier Standard P/J fits in it with about an inch-and-a-half or so to spare.
    Do you have an overall measurement of your bass from one extreme to the other?

Thanks

4. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    You're welcome.
    Prices have gone up, of course.
    I bought it for much less.

5. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    Post your question on the Thunderbird club thread, one of the guys will measure for you.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021