Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

epiphone thunderbird vi reverse bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Major Havoc, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Major Havoc

Major Havoc

Feb 15, 2005
    i would like some opinons on the t-bird bass from epiphone,it runs for 359.00 i know it is neck heavy but other than that would like to know if anyone here has played this bass,and what they thought of this instrument.i am considering buying one but would like more info on it

thanks, john

2. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    That was my first bass. I bought it in 1999 and i still have it. I dont play it anymore but it's my first and will be with me forever. It's pretty neck heavy, but the body is very light. Th sound is very round and bassy. With the tone control on full it's more for trebly pickstyle and when you roll off the tone knob you get a more rounded and bottom-heavy sound. The bass is not as good obviously as the Gibson version, but it's a very nice bass in it's price range. It's very well buitl but you need to get used to playing it, it's not as confortable as say a Fender Jazz but you'll get used to it soon enough. Playing it sitting down is a pain, casue of the body shape but aside from those minor complaints the bass is great and the look is just unmatched. The neck is very long (big frets) so make sure you try one before you buy if you can. It has a sound and look of its own so see if you like it and make your decision.

I hope this helped.