1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epiphone Thunderbird with a Fender(warmoth) Neck

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dajevu82, Apr 18, 2010.

1. dajevu82

dajevu82

Apr 18, 2010
    has anyone ever swapped the neck on their epiphone thunderbird? im usually a p bass guy. but one of my first basses i ever got about 15 years ago was an epiphone thunderbird. its been sitting in my house collecting dust for forever. but i have a gift certificate to warmoth. and i was thinking about buying a nice maple neck from them and putting it on the epi thunderbird. now im no luthier or anything like that. so i just wanna make sure before i start ordering or take anything apart, that im not setting myself up for more money than its worth. was just curious if anyone had done this yet, and if it worked out well? in theory it seems like it should be fine, with a new setup. thanks!

2. Woofer

Woofer

Sep 24, 2008
    OBX
    do a search for "fenderbird" you'll find lots of info.

To make a long story short though, you'll either have to mod the new neck or the neck pocket of the epi. An easier and probably higher quality route would be to buy a p-bass neck and t-bird body from warmoth. Better quality than the Epi and they'll bolt right up with no mods.