Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epiphone Thunderbird?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ErikKrueger, Nov 19, 2003.

1. yeah, i am trying to get a good backup bass and i have been thinking about an epiphone thunderbird. i know it may not be the best option, but i need something that has a fairly high output, plays well, not a crappy tone, but doesn't have t be superb, but must be able to take one hell of a beating (you would have to see my band live).

other than the thunderbird, i have been thinking about getting one of the essex basses and adding a new bridge and pup('s) or i would love to get an ovation electric if the price was right, but i doubt i would be able to be that lucky. btu yeah, any suggestions?

thanks
    erik

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Well, for what the epi will cost you, you could get a MIM Fender... for a bit more than what the essex will be + upgrades, you could get a MIM fender... you do the math.

3. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    This is off topic, but...

"CURRENT GAS TANK: furman pl-plus power conditioner."

Huh???

I've had one for over 10 years, and the rackmount power strip is convenient. But I've found the best uses for it are:

1) the lights
    2) prevents my TV from turning green while practicing. Plugging the TV into the Furman doesn't do anything, but sitting the TV on top of my rack (Furman in topmost rackspace) shields it from the magnets in my cabs - much better than a milk crate of the same height.

For a lot less money you could get a clip-on light for your rack, and velcro up a Belkin power strip with EMI filtering.

Back on topic... all the online warehouses are blowing out the LTD F204 for $370. I spoke with a dealer who said it's because ESP is making changes for next year's model so the old ones are on clearance sale. Even with the EMG-HZ pickups, it couldn't be worse than an Epiphone.