Epiphone Viola: best bass for metal? :-D

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by andruca, Nov 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Sometimes I wonder why do I have nice basses if I play punk/HC/metalcore which basically level them all down o_O

After reading thru' the thread about Slipknot's bassist's unusual instrument choice, well, today I was bored and decided to do a couple samples of my Epi Viola (30.5" scale) tuned BEAD. I use everything maxed in the bass except for the neck PU which I back off just a little both because I prefer the timbre and because it's less microphonic onstage that way. Theres 2 samples:

- Clean
    - MS60B emulating SansAmp+dbx 166 comp. (closer to the real life sound I use -nevermind the bass- for the stuff I mostly do)

I actually use this bass often live with Los Singles, a band I have in the vein of Me First & the Gimme Gimmes, just with '50s/'60s/'70s spanish language classics from both sides of the ocean, such as Nat King Cole's "Ansiedad" below. Besides the looks being great for the kind of band the Viola is such a blast to play live (of course I don't record with it, would be too much, I use "normal" basses for that).

2. Sin Nis

Sin Nis

Nov 5, 2016
    I have seen it probably jacked up a bit new def pups ect. but it has bin done