Epiphone vs Squier...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by purpletornado, Mar 14, 2010.

1. purpletornado

purpletornado

Aug 5, 2009
    The other day I was talking to a friend of mine about basses (he plays, too) and mentioned a couple nice Epis that I had seen lately. He mentioned that Epiphones were junk and Squier was a better quality bass. That got me to thinking, is it, really? IMO, which may not count for much, Epiphones seem to be of a very nice quality. I've only played one, an acoustic El Capitan 4 string, but I really like it and thought it was really well made. I don't have much experience with Squiers but I have a Fender J and used to own a P in college. I'd have to say if I was shopping around and had to choose between the two I'd go for an Epiphone.

What say you TB? Epiphone or Squier?

2. i love epiphone guitars ,especially the lp custom or standard, but i dont like their basses too much apart from the t-bird,i suppose they would be the same quality as the guitars

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021