Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slapcracklepop, Jul 25, 2005.

1. slapcracklepop

Jun 28, 2005
    Boston, MA
    How are their quality basses? I heard their guitars arent that great... the only thing is i actually like the color and style of the Gibson T-Bird epiphone remakes better than the actual Gibsons

comments, experience
    thanks bros
  2. flexo

May 3, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    I'm thinking of gettin one but the third thread kinda scared me a bit! :eek:

Are they really as muddy and crap as the people in that third thread said? The other threads (the first one started by me hehe!) all seemed to give better reports.
    Are there any other basses in a similar price range that are significantly better?
  3. lenorules1950

Aug 20, 2004
    Meriden, CT
    The only Epiphone bass that sounds muddy is the EB-0... the EB-3 5 string I have sounds totally different, probably because of the 2 pickups and endless tone control options. The Les Paul has almost a piano-like sound quality.
  4. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004
    You know this is the only place I have seen bad reviews for this bass. even Harmoney Central had good reviews for it. :eek:

Check out the reviews people say at Musicians Friend and Music 123 about the thunder bird....The only bad thing I could say about the Bird is that the stretch to the note F is a long one sitting down. IMO-for $400 it can thump and growl with the best of them. My wife even likes the sound of this bass more then she does the other bass that I have(only 2 more) that has costed more than $400.

Not only do they sound great they also look sexy....
    If you slaped gibson on the trussed rod plate and had it cost $1,600 I bet there would be some that say it was the best bass in the world.