1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

epipi . thunderbird

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassman639, Dec 26, 2006.

1. bassman639

bassman639

Dec 23, 2006
    northeast ,pa
    Does anyone know if they are any good,i just saw one it looked beautiful,i didn'y get chance to play it,but i wanted some feedback ????
    anyone?:meh:

2. Thinkarogadum

Thinkarogadum

Jun 11, 2006
    NE OH
    The two I played were both complete mud machines. Get a Yamaha BB414 or a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass instead.

3. i love mine, it nails that driving rock tone spot on. however it is a specific tone and wont suit all styles of music, the pickups are really hot (seriously i have to run it through the active jack on my amp, and my active basses don't even need that!) so if you have a valve/tube amp or an emulator (pod vamp etc) its great for thunderous bass lines (think john entwistle or even muse)

if you are after an all round bass then look at the yamaha range as Thinkarogadum mentioned (tho i prefr the older BB style). the better RBX series are great for the money, but if a bird is what you like then get it.

4. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Got both.
    The Epi's are like properly-shaped, good-sounding Fenders. With EQ and correct amp settings, the primary difference is what you'd expect...comparing a neck-thru(Gibson) to a bolt-on(Epi).

Setups are hit and miss. One came PERFECTLY setup, the other had strings a mile off the fretboard and the pickups screwed way too low.