Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Episode III DVD

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Aug 5, 2005.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    So I was doing this side job for a guy who is a HUGE Star Wars fan. He has a couple rooms of his house devoted to all things Star Wars. During the time I was there, he tells me he does film editing. He starts telling me all of the films he has worked with. As I am finishing up my part of the job, he hands me a DVD and says "You don't know where you got this, or who gave it to you. Open it when you get home".

I bring it home and open it. It is a copy of Star Wars Episode III on DVD. I watched it last night. It was an alright movie. Lord Of The Rings is WAAAYYYYY better.

-Mike

2. C-5KO

C-5KO

Mar 9, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    It's floating around on the internet also. I hope you didn't get the copy with that counter across the top.

Unfortunate for Lucas and SW fans that the script was so terrible and the acting was just okay, IMO. Nothing really compared to SW, ESB, or ROTJ. To me it seems like he was resting on his laurels.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Interesting that you mention that. The guy who gave me the disc told me about that. He said it got leaked out, and there were over 30,000 downloads before they could shut it down. There are no counters across the top of my copy.

-Mike

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    So does Portman show her puppies in your version?

5. I'd ask you for a copy, but Lucas would be mad he didn't get another paid viewing out of me. Saw it twice in the theater. Bought the action figure.

Mon

6. Ep III was easily the best of the prequel trilogy, but that's not drawing much of a long bow.

I thought the storyline was good up to a point. Anakin turned to the darkside rather easily, I thought. And the end battle on a river of lava? Please. Both of them would have been burned alive being that close to the awesome heat of it...

Thankfully, Portman didn't get much to say. Ian McDiarmid's performance was by far the highlight, and it was good to see Samuel Jackson get toasted.

I'll be buying the DVD, no doubt, and probably get suckered into the inevitable saga box set (with 456 hours of "extras") :D

7. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    Come on man, they sell that for $4 on Canal Street ;)

8. It is well known that Jedi can alter the space immediatley around them to make it less dangerous, and they are also supposedly able to shield themselves from it. Meh, whatever, that's the explanation I got.

And IMO III was better than VI. I'd rank them...

9. Yup, pretty much the same ranking for me.

And I love the way Jedi powers can do anything that explains away the weak scripts....

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Anyone from LOTR could smoke anyone from SW.

The scene where Darth Vader was coming back to life in his black suit was horrible. So stupid, my son and I started laughing at how ridiculous it was. The scene where Anakin and Padme were reminiscing on the patio was another example of the poor dialogue. The easy access to the security images was corny. I could go on. I finally got pissed off when Anakin killed Windu. No one kills Samuel L. Jackson. They need an episode VII where Windu comes back and does some karate on Vader, and then him and Vincent shoot Vader with their shotguns!!

-Mike

11. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Me too! It reminded me of a bad frankenstein rip-off, to bad Mel Brooks didn't write and direct the movie [with Lucas's budget though], now that would have been fun.

For me it is
    Space balls
    thumb wars

12. What movie did you see? Anakin doesn't kill Mace.

And Anakin doesn't "turn" easily. He's in conflict with it the whole time. He slaughters at the temple because he was covering his ass. He figured he would be found out, so, with the chancellor as his "buddy", he figured do what he can until he can take over Palps, and be done with the whole thing. He knows right from wrong, he's just trying to redefine it. Didn't make it right, but you could totally tell there was conflict. The youngling slaughter is un-redeemable tho...but he was drunk on the smoov talk of Sidious, a bit of a Sith Mind Tick if you will.

And yes, Obi and Ani should have been vaporised being so close to lava, but did you notice on both skiffs there was a force field? A light bubble of a sheild that protected the craft itself from being melted. *maybe* that had something to do with it.

Or maybe lava just ain't that hot in SW universe...unless you have freshly decapitated limbs. (whee!)

Mon

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    The other dude shocked him to death, but only because Anakin chopped off his hand.

-Mike

14. squierplayer120

squierplayer120

Nov 17, 2004
    Wisconsin
    III was the best of the prequels. It's basically one big special effect, though. I did like the last fight though.

My Ranking

Spaceballs
    The Star Wars Kid Videos

15. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    III = worst.movie.ever. terrible acting, dialogue, screenplay...

[padme]

AHGAHGAHTJRGJLKGHALRGAR

Doctor: its a boy

KAZGJFAFK"AFKA LUKE!!!!

Doctor: it's a girl

UUHUHUHHH LEA!!!

[/padme]

puh lease!

And the ending was just so ridiculous when it turned back all old school, I mean it was kind of cool but it just made everything else form the movie all out of context like...*sigh* i felt like i had wasted 10 bux and 2 hours of my life after seeing it. Then I had a friend who saw it 4 times in theatres... :rolleyes:

Anyone, I say sell it a turn a profit.