epoxy Jaco bass

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by beulah1, Feb 5, 2009.

1. beulah1

beulah1

Nov 8, 2008
    vallejo,ca
    Hey every one.I've started to defreted my faithfull jazzbass(made in japan)so far no problems but i'm trying to get a result like JACO PASTORIUS bass.i know his was done with some every epoxy but don't know the kind and any tips on how to lay it smooth..:D

2. Do a search there are some how to's on this site.

3. WRXbase

WRXbase

Jan 14, 2009
    Clayton, NC
    I recently defretted an OLP. It went ok. I under estimated the rigidity that the frets gave to the neck. aka I had to heat the neck to put some back bend BACK into it. The epoxy worked fine. If your neck/trus rod can handle it, I'd put as much back bend into it you could while you're pulling the frets and when you're refilling them. Make sure you tape off the fret slots prior to filling them with whatever.

Take your time. I got impatient and didn't think everything though. It turned out ok, but it was only an OLP(from a pawn shop) and a 3rd bass, so ...

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021