1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EPOXY???! WHERE!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Elemetal, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Elemetal

Elemetal

Mar 10, 2006
    Alright so I defretted my bass its all done I just need an epoxy coating. I've been everywhere in my city (Saskatoon) and no place has it! Does anyone know of a place I could get any?

2. Elemetal

Elemetal

Mar 10, 2006
    Thanks alot I'll phone him up tomorrow!

3. 69nites

69nites

Jul 11, 2006
    Chicago
    did you try a hardware store?

4. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    If there is a boatbuilder's supply place in Saskatoon they should have it. It's used a lot by guys who build wooden canoes.Try Canadian Tire too. Home Hardware may have it. I've bought epoaxy from all three before. Saskatoon isn't that small.

In Home Depot they sold a 2 part epoxy kit for coating bar tops. About $30 I think it was. Unfortunately way too much left over and since it only has a shelf life of about a year, I never got to use it all. But it worked great to coat the rosewood fingerboard on a Stingray. It takes about 12 hours to harden before you can sand level for a second coat (that's at about 70 degrees F) Practice first on a piece of scrap wood. Follow the instructions on the package. Wear rubber gloves. Don't get any in your eyes.

Each one of the products may have different cure times and mixing instructions. Epoxy takes a few days before it cures really hard. Heat accelerates the process.

5. Elemetal

Elemetal

Mar 10, 2006
    I went to all the wood stores and paint stores. I havn't tried canadian tire or the boat stores I'll go hunting tomorrow. I'll probably call that guy up tomorrow first though before I actually go anywhere. Thanks though I don't beleive I'll need any more replies and if I do I can always come back to this thread.