1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

EPS170-5SL ProSteels 45-130, Super Long Scale?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by kkaarrll, Apr 19, 2017.

1. kkaarrll

kkaarrll

Jun 1, 2014
    I assume these can be cut down for 34 inch scale with no problem? They seem to have the tensions I am looking for.

Anyone think there would be an issue putting these BEAD on a standard style jazz bridge?

2. Keep in mind the tension numbers on the D'A site for "super long" sets are based on the 35" scale. Once you put them on a 34" scale bass, the tension will be the same as the "long" set on a 34" scale.

3. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    +1 what @michael_t said

and the super long low B string might be too long for 34" bass, unless it's strung thru body, which might not be settle just by cutting the excess length. Cause when the big untapered part goes round the tuning post, it might be damaged.

4. kkaarrll

kkaarrll

Jun 1, 2014
    thank you

thats what i needed to know

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021