Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EPT comes back positive !!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nonsqtr, Jun 30, 2005.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Well folks, it looks like we're going to have a baby. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Nicky's going to the doctor first thing this morning, to get the real skinny.

This is probably one of the happiest days in my life, ever.

And it's also really twisted my thinking around, already.

How did you moms and dads react when you found out you were about to have your first child?

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Congrats dude!

Now you'll have something more important to do than lurk around all day in TPA :D

3. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Ha ha - I might be asleep though, when the computer says I'm "logged in". :D

Thanks man, I greatly appreciate your sentiment. :)

This is a first for me, suddenly I feel like there's a whole additional education I need to get, and quick too.

We've been living a pretty wild life recently, to the extent that I've been able (and willing) to get my *ss out of bed.

As many of you may know, Nicky's spent the last two academic seasons overseas, and she's smart as a whip, she's probably the best thing that ever happened to those Monarchists over there. :D

Seriously though, I feel like I'm swimming in a sea of massive uncertainty now, and that hasn't happened to me for twenty years at least.

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated! :)

:bassist: :bassist: :bassist: :D

4. Being 17 and all, I really have nothing to offer you except my congratulations.

Hope for a boy, 'cos girls are trouble.

5. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I doubt she'll be getting ANYTHING skinny for the next few months. :D

+1 (or 2)

I've got boys and often think they're a handfull, but all of our friends with girls spend a little bit of time with us and I'll GLADLY take my boys any day.

6. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Congratulations :)

7. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Way to go, man... time to live it up!

8. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Congratulations! I feel like offering to buy you a beer and a cigar, but alas, i can't really do that over the internet.

And by the way steph, it's not girls, it's just you.

9. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Well done.

I was dumbfounded. All I could think for the next few hours was, "Errrmmmmmm..."

10. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    Congratulations non!

warmest wishes to the mum-to-be, hope everything goes well :)

this is for you!

[​IMG]

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You can say that again.

brad cook

12. in the early stages, it's the other way around. :D

Congrats man, I know what you mean...priorities, fears and all of that comes welling up, but it's the best thing ever. Revel in it.

13. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  14. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Yeah, that's actually what I'm thinking about now.

It's very wierd, I've never really had any concept of being responsible to anyone else, except for g/f's and business partners and things like that.

Most of my family is overseas, they only come to visit on rare occasions.

But this is different now. It's making me really think. My head is kinda spinning actually, at the moment. :eyebrow:

I've been doing the "live it up" thing for a long time, probably since I was fifteen or something. Once in a while I get a job, when I want a new bass, or a house or something.... :D

But this, puts a whole new perspective on things.

It's funny, I've been getting all kinds of great political input over on TPA, but now things might be getting real, really real.

Just within the last hour, I've been thinking about how I'm gonna put my kid through school, and provide for the health and well being of my wife when she can't work for a while, and things like that.

Suddenly my head is in this vast ocean of uncertainty, and it's pretty clear it's eventually going to end up in one of those "new perspective" deals. A new equilibrium, that puts me in second place (or third, maybe). :)

And somehow, it's all okay. It's "more" than okay, as y'all say, I wanna smoke a cigar and have a beer to celebrate, but now I'm thinkin' about second hand smoke in the house and stuff like that.

Suddenly I'm willing to give up the personal amenities.

And all this just happened witihin the last few hours. :D

15. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Congrats, Now your SURE to become one of them right wing social conservatives, I'll see ya at the next Christian Coalition meeting! :D

16. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    all this talk of babies........

Now look what you've done, I've come over all broody! :D

17. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Like I've told legions of friends.....

When you have your first child, you become a parent.

When you have your second, you become a referee.

You'll do fine, bud. The fact that you're having all these deep thoughts now shows that. The kids that have problems are usually the ones with parents that don't give a rip.

Congrats!

18. Nonsqtr Jr. is on the way!

That's good news. :)

Congrats, Mr. & Mrs. Nonsqtr. :cool:

Mike ;)

19. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Natalie, I'd love to help, but it isn't like I can hop in the Auto and meet you real quick for coffee and "whatever"
    :p