1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EQ>Boost/OD/Dist/Fuzz>EQ

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Psybass, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Psybass

Psybass

Mar 15, 2010
    Hi there,

I am new to this forum...I was wondering if there are any of you guys/girls who sandwich their boost/od/dist/fuzz pedals between eq pedals. I never tried it myself, but somehow I am sort of captivated by this.

I tried the search function, but I did not find anything about this topic/particular set-up.

greetz,

Psybass

2. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Inactive

Mar 19, 2008
    Michigan
    What exactly do you hope to achieve with that kind of setup?

3. orestes71

orestes71

May 14, 2008
    I am no expert but wouldn't that boost your signal both ways, so you won't loose the low end?

4. Mark Olson

Mark Olson Inactive

Mar 19, 2008
    Michigan
    Well that depends on how the EQ's are set up and whether what's inbetween them totally deletes some frequencies or if it only attenuates them, if it does anything at all to them. I've paired EQ's with dirtboxes before, and if you selectively decide to shape your tone before or after said dirt, I've never found an advantage to two EQ's.

But really there's so many dirtboxes out there it's possible to just find one you like the sound of, and not have to EQ it at all. Simple. If you start getting into needing two more pedals along with your dirt to get your dirty sound, then you're going to be needing to switch all three pedals at once, so you'll need a bypass looper, and here we've got four pedals to get one sound. Not very efficient.

5. Psybass

Psybass

Mar 15, 2010
    I am no expert either, but yes, that's what I meant.

I understand your point about the inefficiency of this set-up, allthough I do think it's sometimes absolutely imperative to use multiple fx boxes to get that one sound...Well, maybe not for your everyday dirty sound...Anyway somehow this idea just got stuck in my head and I was only hoping to evoke discussion and hear about experiences.

Thanks for your reply!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2020