eq decision

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by affro, Apr 15, 2003.

1. ok guys, here is the situation. my surrent setup is as follows: yamaha rbx 5string ->swr bass 350 ->warwick 410pro. i have an ebs unichorus in the effects loops of the swr. i am looking for a bit more flexability in the eq department and initially iwas looking at the boss eq-20 twin eq pedal, but after doing a bit of searching i found out about the behringer 5 band parametric eq. it is rack mountable (1space). this would fit in well because soon i am going to purchase a 4 space rack unit to house my swr (2spaces) and a sabine rack tuner(1 space). i could put the behringer in the remaining space. would this work very well? for reference i play mostly 70's/ 80's rock and a bit of progressive stuff (dream theatre, steve vai, bon jovi, mr big, iron maiden, def leppard, symphony x, etc..). thanx for any help u guys can give me.
  2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Don't you have active EQ on your bass? With three band EQ plus aural enhancer on the SWR you already have a lot of EQ flexibility!

A true parametric can be a pain to set up...almost too flexible.

Behringer stuff is on the funky side sonically, I would look for a used Ashly or Rane unit (I used to have a sweet old Ashly I found for $100).

Personally I would spend more time twisting knobs on what I have before adding more knobs to the mix, eh? But it's your ears and your call.