Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eq help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassBeat33, Aug 23, 2005.

1. BassBeat33

BassBeat33

Feb 12, 2005
    charleston, wv
    I am having problems deciding on a graphic eq. At this point, 2 channels is not a necessity( unless someone can convince me otherwise). So, what are some good eq's. I really don't want to deal with a 31 band;so 15 band or less will be fine.
    Are there any 1/2 space 15 band eq's? The only one i have found is the Alesis DEQ224, it's 2 channel and digital. The only problem I see with that is not easily being able to change settings quickly. What are some good eq pedals?
    I'm open to suggestions here, just need some help narrowing down the selection.

thanks in advance.

2. Evangion

Evangion

Jun 22, 2005
    Unless you really need that much control over your sound. I would suggest a parametric EQ. Yamaha makes a darn good one at an unbelievable price.

3. BassBeat33

BassBeat33

Feb 12, 2005
    charleston, wv
    I was thinking about that but I've had problems getting my sound how i want it with a parametric eq in the past. Does any one have any experience with the alesis eq ? I would like to have something that is rackmountable but I am open to like a 9 band pedal or something, just don't know which ones are the good ones.