Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rockbassist1087, Dec 23, 2002.

1. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I need your help. I'm looking for an EQ/volume pedal. I do alot of slapping and sometimes I can't cut through the mix. I was going to buy just a regular volume pedal, but i figured that the Eq pedal would help perfect my slap tone. Which EQ/volume has the best overall performance for under $100.
  2. i still have a boss geb-7 eq up for grabs... $45
  3. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I don't know which is the best, but I use a Trace Elliot SM-7 pedal. They're discontinued but I see 'em on ebay frequently. It's cool because there are 2 preshapes (plus preshape off) and you can set the 7 graphic sliders to modify the preshapes and then you can switch the graphic in and out. It runs on 18v, like good bass gear should.
  4. top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    I say get a volume pedal with a bleed through knob. At the bottom it still lets sound through. The sam ash brand "brownsville" makes one for $30 however its as cheep as its price and is scratchy/cuts out after a few years of hard use. Then add your favorite EQ pedal. I found this korg parametric EQ pedal (PEQ-1) its awesome. The pedal is built like a tank and is a studio quality 1 band perametric eq in stomp box form. The input is 1meg. ohm output 12k UNHEARD OF IN A STOMP BOX!!!
    You could try one of those preamp/DI pedals like the sansamp bass DI. Set the EQ, boost the volume, and even dial in some distortion and sound like Lary Grahm. I think MXR makes one too.