1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EQ pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by virtual.ray, Nov 18, 2000.

1. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    When I tried the MTD Grendel bass,one feature I liked was the switch that gives you 2 distinct EQ curves,one tailored for fingerstyle and the other for slap,and I got to thinking that a floor pedal that would allow several EQ settings to be stored and accessed by foot would be a cool idea.It would have to be high quality and quiet like a good onboard preamp,with the added benefit of going instantaneously from one sound to another with no knob twirling.I know this can be done with the SWR SM900,but I'm thinking of a seperate unit w/o the SWR's price tag.Anyone know of a product in this vein? I'd prefer something with no other FX if possible.

2. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    Yeah,thanks,but I was thinking more along the lines of something that allows several presets to be stored in memory and recalled with a floorboard.This would allow sound changes not only from one style to another with tha same bass,but also settings optimized for different instruments such as 5 string and fretless 4 etc.I guess I could go with an FX pedal and just use the EQ part of it and store each setting as a patch.

3. Hmm that pic on the Bass EQ got lost it seems.. but you could get a midi controlled preamp like the ADA.. hmm I cant remember the name of it now but that will let you shift a lot wit the floorboard.