Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EQ pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by virtual.ray, Nov 18, 2000.

1. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    When I tried the MTD Grendel bass,one feature I liked was the switch that gives you 2 distinct EQ curves,one tailored for fingerstyle and the other for slap,and I got to thinking that a floor pedal that would allow several EQ settings to be stored and accessed by foot would be a cool idea.It would have to be high quality and quiet like a good onboard preamp,with the added benefit of going instantaneously from one sound to another with no knob twirling.I know this can be done with the SWR SM900,but I'm thinking of a seperate unit w/o the SWR's price tag.Anyone know of a product in this vein? I'd prefer something with no other FX if possible.

2. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    Yeah,thanks,but I was thinking more along the lines of something that allows several presets to be stored in memory and recalled with a floorboard.This would allow sound changes not only from one style to another with tha same bass,but also settings optimized for different instruments such as 5 string and fretless 4 etc.I guess I could go with an FX pedal and just use the EQ part of it and store each setting as a patch.

3. Hmm that pic on the Bass EQ got lost it seems.. but you could get a midi controlled preamp like the ADA.. hmm I cant remember the name of it now but that will let you shift a lot wit the floorboard.