Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EQ problems

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Alright, so I set up my treble and mids high enough to get a decent growl in my low end, but as a result, my D and G strings sound very bright...too bright. I can't please both ends.

Is the only result bi-amping?

2. The solution would be another forum.

ta ta.

:D:D

Merls

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I'm surprised you can please any end if you use your "Harmony 4 string POS coupled with a Johnson 30 watt POS" as stated in your profile. The solution would be $$$ -> gear. Sorry.

Also, I don't think more mids and treble improves your "low end". It shouldn't.

4. 1. That's old, I haven't updated my profile, matter of fact, I forgot I had one. :D

2. Considering my previous set up was:

Bass - 10
    Treble - 3
    Mids - 4

I changed it to:

Bass - 7
    Treble - 4
    Mids - 8

I think that's right. Anyway, anyone have an answer to my question?

Ya think? :rolleyes:

5. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    There are many factors that contribute to your tone. There are many things that can be changed to improve it. Knowing what to change is impossible considering the severly limited information given in this thread. All we can do is throw out wild guesses, and how would that help you? Probably not at all.

6. Fair enough, thought I would ask anyway. Thanks.

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

What equipment do you actually have? That might give us some clues so we can help you.:rolleyes: