1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EQ Q: YAMAHA TRBJP

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Kobaia, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Kobaia

Kobaia

Oct 29, 2005
    Denton TX
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amp Gruv Gear and Mono Cases
    :confused: I have a YAMAHA TRBJPI, and i'm trying to figure out this eq. i'm totaly lost on what does what, as far as the rear panel is concerned. how do the 3 dials in the back of the bass actualy affect the sounds of the diffrent eq settigns, and what are the basics for the 3 position knob on the front of the bass?:confused:

2. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    The correct formula is :"I'm the proud owner of a TRBJP":hyper: (just kidding,man;) )
    Here's a self-explanatory picture of my TRBJP's control cavity cover:

Attached Files:

3. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    Opps..sorry,I forgot to answer your second question:
    The "3-position" knob (the one between the low and high pots) is a 3-way switch with the following functions,clockwise:
    1.Mid OFF
    2.EQ1-Mid cut
    3.EQ2-Mid boost-cut
    It might sound confusing but it's really simple:the lowest position means no mid correction (only low and high pots are usable as corrections here),the middle position means a scooped-mid figure and the third position means either a mid boost or a further mid cut,according to how you dialed the trimpots on the preamp's PCB (the ones you see in the control cavity's picture).
    HTH!
    Regards,