Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EQ Setting on Hartke

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phaneo, Sep 8, 2005.

1. phaneo

phaneo

Mar 14, 2001
    Fort Worth TX
    Guy's help me out. I went on vacation this weekend and the bassist who sat in supposedly had a killer tone. :( Anyway, he had a nice rig, ampeg and GK. We both play fender jazz basses, but he plays a 5. I play on a Passive usa jazz bass, Hartke HA4000 through a peavey 410, and sometimes a peavey 15. I usually go into the PA, but he didn't. Would you guys throw out your suggested eq settings for my hartke. I play in a coverband mostly 80's stuff, from Billy Joel to Men at Work, we also do some reggae. I need a good solid all around tone. Any help is appreciated. Here's a link to the front panel of my amp. Get as detailed as you want.http://www.samsontech.com/products/relatedDocs/HA4000.jpg

Thanks

2. First. Try to play harder with your fingers - Many bassplayers play to soft. To get that extra punch in your tone, try to play a little bit harder.

Your head has big tonal flexabilites. Mix around with it. If you dont find anything you like. Rest 10 minutes.

A tip is to higher mid at 700hz.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Phaneo...how do you have your controls set now?

Also, what settings do you use on your bass? I know that it's passive but how are the two volume controls and the tone control set?

4. phaneo

phaneo

Mar 14, 2001
    Fort Worth TX
    I don't have the head here, I keep it out of town with the band so I'll guess. I keep the shape around 450 hz and the intesity around 5 or 6. I have the d bass around 9 o'clock. The low set near 0. mid low 1-2 o'clock. Freq 158 bandwidth 12 o'clock. same for mid highs. High set around 10 o'clock. I play my bass with both volume knobs all the way up. On a few songs I'll roll of one or the other all the way. For just the bridge or neck p/u. I usually keep the tone knob all the way up/