EQ Settings and the Peavey 210 Combo..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ignus, Jul 27, 2001.

1. Ignus

Jul 27, 2001
    Can someone please tell me some good EQ settings for a 10 band EQ? I have a Peavey 210 Combo with a 15" bottom, but I'm looking for peoples inputs on what they have their EQ settings at... I'm having trouble getting the sound I want... I'm looking for something punchy, and something with a warm tone, but not too muddy... I have a pyramid style on EQ settings with low bass, high mids, and low highs.. I was told by someone to do it that way about 3 years ago, and haven't really changed it since... Now I'm serious about my bass playing. I've tried other settings, but have not gotten it down to where I want them.. Please help..

2. i think that the classic " W " shape is the best for 10-band eq's :) but don't overdo it..
  3. Speedbird

Speedbird Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2000
    Northern Virginia
    Dude, I've struggled for 5 years with my Combo 115 It has the same pre/power amp section as your 210 just 1 15" driver. I just can never get the tone right especially in the mids. The best results I've had are: Do not use the compresssor section, the DDT thing compresses the signal enough. Stay off the Low freq pre-shape knob. When you need high volume leave the 40hz eq slider @ 0 or even -5 for more poweramp headroom and less rumble. If it's late I cut the 40hz to -15db and the neighbors never complain. As for the effed up mids? I'm never satisfied. BEST TIP: for practice & low volumes I plug straight into the "power amp in" patch, the whole pre-amp is bypassed. It sounds so open and unswquashed I could not believe it almost like a high end SWR set-up. The down side is that even my 18v bartolini onboard pre-amp only has enough gain to drive it about 1/3 volume. My next step is to buy a nice pre-amp and use that. hope this helps.
  4. I have the combo 115, and I have some similar problems. For my style, i found the Peavey sounds ok with my p-bass, but with my 5 it doesnt seem to have the clarity I am looking for. I think that the Peavey BW 15 just doesnt have enough lows for me.