Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eq

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ImNotGeddyLee, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Well I finished my effect board but forgot one MAJOR effect: EQ!!! now i was wondering if there is any form of decent rack eq i could get with presets that i could swiotch via a few foot switches. I would love to be able to switch from a deep low sub sound to a bright slap sound in mid song. Any suggestions?

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Maybe that Boss stompbox one. Raven Labs is making a new, small, fully-parametric EQ that probably is the next best thing to a SABDDI, but:

A. It costs a mint; and
    B. It ain't a stomp box.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Actually, I think Boss is coming out with a new floor pedal...

It's like their current eq pedals but has ten bands instead of seven, and user presets that you can cycle through. $199 from american music supply, available in april. if i wasn't getting a sansamp soon, i'd probably buy me one.

4. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    there are alot of good ones out there, how much are you willing to spend? How many bands do you want too?

5. cost isnt to much of a problem as long as its worth it. all im really loking for is one with presets i can operate via a floor pedal

6. You can get some pretty decent EQ pedals for really cheap from your local pawn shop or music dealer. I recently bought an Ibanez Bass EQ for less than $50(Cdn). I recommend just calling around for one. No need to really get a rack mount.

7. Jake15

Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    I'd say just get a bass with active elecronics and with a twist of the treble you got your self some slap.(JUst my opinion)