EQB-IIIS 3-Band EQ Frequency centers

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by makanudo, Sep 27, 2014.

1. makanudo

makanudo

Dec 26, 2008
    Just wondering that are the frequencies each knob boosts and cuts on this particular pre that's on my Ibby SR 505. I've seen the charts but I don't really understand them.

2. 0000EQB-IIISa_zps0939f21e.
    I don't recall them ever specifying what the bass and treble frequencies are, but since they are shelving type, the frequency doesn't have a "center" the way the mids do. When you turn either treble or bass knob to boost or cut more, it affects more frequencies towards the midrange. In other words, the green and blue lines when boosting only 3 db will only affect the very lows or highs.

The mids are either 250hz (switch up) or 600hz (down), and the bandwidth is also narrower when boosting or cutting less.
    This graph show all contols at the maximum and minimum and can be confusing. "Normal" usage results in fairly low "bumps" that are much narrower--and in my experience boosting anything up to 18 db means there's something seriously wrong with your amp or ears.
    With my SR500, I get more than enough EQ to fine-tune what I want with around 3 db boost on bass and 3 db cut on mids.

For example, boosting the bass by 10db might look something like this:
    0000EQB-IIISb_zps83b28414.

Hope this helps.

3. makanudo

makanudo

Dec 26, 2008
    It did. Thanks!