1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EQing my Nemesis 410combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by darkenraja, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Hey guys, youve been a great help so far with my cab. But I really want to push it in terms of both sound and power, safely :p

Id love to get tips on how to get a good sound, OR hear some of your own settings with this amp. The bass im using currently (GSR 200) isnt real great, but The amp does do it alot of justice.

Any help at all would be appreciated, especially on the topic of the max EQ limits I can have before I know its too unsafe for the amp to be running.

Thanks again,
    JT!

2. resol

resol Guest

Feb 21, 2005
    hey there!

i have the Nemesis NC-210 250w version - IMO these amps have VERY powerful EQ's, so a little goes a LONG way...

this is from the manual -
    1) start with everthing flat, turn the enhance clockwise until you get something close to what you like - but no more than 12 o'clock!!
    2) then add a bit of the 3-bander
    3) then if your desired sound still isnt there, use the semi-para

IMHO, i dont like the enhance much in a loud setting cos too much of the mids are scooped - only good in a quiet setting.
    personally, I like to have NO enhance, bass one click to about 1 o'clock, mids flat, treble flat, and low-mids boosted to one o'clock using semi-para (with frequency at about 9 o'clock) - that is MY sound and i love it! great rock tone with lotsa growl...!

PLUS - i reckon push the gain a bit as well - i have gain at 1, master at 1 - thats plenty for me....

NOTE - DO NOT MAX OUT EQ - YOU'RE GOING TO CLIP THE AMP!!! rather, experiment with the gain setting - i reckon thats the key with the nemesis

3. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I had a Nemesis for five years. Great reliable combos.

I agree to leave all tone controls flat. Learn how to work the parametric eq and try adjusting from there. Only then, see if the enhance helps. Some like it. Some don't. Depends on your taste.

I agree the eq is powerful. I never touched mine in five years. Para EQ and enhance.

Good luck. You have a good amp.

One thing I might add that really juiced up my sound is a Sadowsky preamp. I used that with my P bass and eventually the J basses as I acquired them. It makes a dramatic enhancement.