Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ninefoldbass, Feb 26, 2003.

1. ninefoldbass

ninefoldbass Guest

Feb 26, 2003
    okay.. so i have an Ampeg B-2R head. and a hartke 410XL cab(the older 240 watter) and im having trouble finding a good sound from it.. i know im screwin up the eqs.. im terrible at bass eq.. i was a guitarist originally, but i play bass in my band.. im searching for the moden low and sweet bass guitar sound..(like linkin park and so so many bands out there).. i know my cab is part of the problem..and i know my amp isnt all tube.. and my bass is passive.. but i got some low lows outta 'er when i first had it.. but i cant get them back.. help
  2. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Try setting it flat first.

If that doenst do it for you, slowly try boosting the 3 sliders to the left a bit at a time with the second one being the highest, and the rest sloping down away from it. Bring the fifth one down just a bit and move the last two up a bit depending on how much treble you want.

If that still doenst do it try boosting the bass, but only a bit at a time, and Im guessing your gonna want to boost the treble a bit too. The mids is a toss up, depending on who Im playing with I might bosst or cut them. Try doing both.

3. ninefoldbass

ninefoldbass Guest

Feb 26, 2003
    okay, my bass sound is a little trebely, and it kinda is setup the way you say.. it has 3 band knobs, and the 9 band eq.... i dont seem to get lows out of it.. the guitarists play with their mids scooped out a little bit for that lower sound, hell i eq'ed their amps.. im good with guitar.. but bass is tough for me
  4. Nick Wagner

Nick Wagner

Feb 24, 2003
    WA, USA
    turn your bass knob up to about 3 o'clock... turn ultra mid to about 9 o'clock... and turn your treble to 3 o'clock. See how that sounds, if its still too trebly, then turn on your graphic, boost your lows (left sliders), cut your mids (middle slides), and boost your highs (right sliders), until you have a smilie-shaped graphic EQ... this should give you a warm sounding bass.