1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EQUILIBRE

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Bassist4Life, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Mike,
    I got my Equilibre in the mail today and I can't remember the last time a CD moved me so much. There is something magical going on in this recording. How did you do it? I don't mean how did you and David Cullen play it; I mean, how did you make it so beautiful? Many people reading this may think that I am going over the top, but I've never heard anything like this before. It's a shame that this music like this isn't more "visible" to the general public. The average music listener should be able to benefit from this recording. Outside of the acoustic guitar/e-bass world, that probably won't happen. It's unfortunate.

Thank you for making such an uplifting, human, and beautiful recording.

Sincerely,
    Joe

2. Asaf

Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    Israel
    i bought this amazing cd as well, a friend of mine who writes critic on classical music on the web listend to it and was totaly blown away by it.

Great CD !! :)

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I really enjoy this album as well-probably my favorite fretless work ever, and the best use of an E-bow I've ever heard on "Wistful Thinking."

4. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks so much! I have to admit I am kind of proud of that CD. Dave is a fantastic musician with a wonderful Philly soul feel combined with jazz harmonic sophistication. We've always hoped we could do more together and I'm so glad you guys are digging the disk.