Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

EQUILIBRE

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Bassist4Life, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Mike,
    I got my Equilibre in the mail today and I can't remember the last time a CD moved me so much. There is something magical going on in this recording. How did you do it? I don't mean how did you and David Cullen play it; I mean, how did you make it so beautiful? Many people reading this may think that I am going over the top, but I've never heard anything like this before. It's a shame that this music like this isn't more "visible" to the general public. The average music listener should be able to benefit from this recording. Outside of the acoustic guitar/e-bass world, that probably won't happen. It's unfortunate.

Thank you for making such an uplifting, human, and beautiful recording.

Sincerely,
    Joe

2. Asaf

Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    Israel
    i bought this amazing cd as well, a friend of mine who writes critic on classical music on the web listend to it and was totaly blown away by it.

Great CD !! :)

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I really enjoy this album as well-probably my favorite fretless work ever, and the best use of an E-bow I've ever heard on "Wistful Thinking."

4. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks so much! I have to admit I am kind of proud of that CD. Dave is a fantastic musician with a wonderful Philly soul feel combined with jazz harmonic sophistication. We've always hoped we could do more together and I'm so glad you guys are digging the disk.