Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Equipment Appraisals

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rick1906, Feb 15, 2006.

1. rick1906

rick1906

Jun 6, 2002
    NC
    I just ordered a new Bergie cabinet (can't wait until Friday!!!). Anyway, I want to sell my current Eden 410 cabinet, but I don't want to go through the hassle of selling it on ebay and shipping it. I am considering taking it to a local GC to see if they will buy it. Is there a guide somewhere that lists suggested values of used equipment?

2. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    You will most always get screwed when trying to sell gear to a store. They will pay bottom dollar as they need to make a profit when they sell it. A quick check looks like $500 is a fair price. GC won't give you that.

Shipping a large cab is a pain. Try for a local sale. If you can't do it local, you may have to ship.

3. These guys claim to do what you're asking... http://www.prepal.com/welcome.htm

Another good way to see market value is just searching for recent sales of the item you have on ebay, and seeing what they're selling for.

4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    A store will look at what they can sell it for, and try to give you between 40-60% of that. If you think you think you can sell the cab for $500 then a store will give you about $250. I work at a music store and id never suggest a friend to do it unless they were desperate. Your paying for the convienance because a guitar store most likely has to sit on it. Try selling on ebay with a local sale first.