Equipment for Sale in Boston Area

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by babaseen, Feb 22, 2004.

1. babaseen

babaseen Don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2001
    Boston, MA
    SWR Big Ben 1x18 Cab (i'm the original owner,i.e. bought new in early 90's)........................................$250 OBO or trade

In good operating condition...there aren't any cosmetic problems other than minor general wear. The newer grills are of a square pattern, whereas this one is diamond; I like the way this Big Ben looks with the old style grill. This speaker has ENORMOUS low end, which one TBer accurately described as: "like swimming in chocolate". Everyone loves this cab and some are highly impressed by the fact that the driver is so large. The adulation over this speaker is a bit juvenile in that respect, but it's definitely there, and who doesn't like getting compliments on their gear?

The mids and highs are very open and smooth on this huge speaker, and the Big Ben is known for having uncharacteristically fast and tight low bass for an 18. The -6db point on this cab is 25hz, so it's great for the low fundamentals of 4,5,and 6 string basses. The handles on this cab are very comfortable, and they have to be, as all this hot low bass action comes at the cost of weight. I carried this cab a good bit by myself, and I wouldn't recommend this cab for a solo carry up any stairs or lengthy distances without a partner but with two men/women, the cab carries very nicely.

Please PM if interested. Thanks!

Basses Loaded 5 string...................................SOLD

Also for sale for the low end lovers:
    Cambridge Soundworks Powered Subwoofer...$100 includes shipping to the lower 48
    Cambridge Soundworks Slave Subwoofer...$75 OBO for the pair
  2. would you ship the fiver? Interested in any trades?
  3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Scale length? What are the controls? What kind of p-ups? Case?