1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ergo 4-String EUB * SOLD *

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by vanderbrook, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanderbrook

vanderbrook Some days, I miss frets...

Aug 21, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Ergo 4-string electric upright with tripod stand and padded case.

Less than one year old, and in good condition. One very minor scratch on the neck; could probably be eliminated with a little steel wool, but it hasn't been a problem, and I haven't gotten around to it yet.

This has been my rehearsal and small-stage bass for the past 10 months or so; I played a Christmas party with it on Saturday. My bandmates were skeptical at first, but they completely accepted the instrument after they'd heard it. To my ears, it really does deliver a very "amplified acoustic" sound.

The bass being essentially one piece of wood (plus tuners, strings, bridge and piezo pickup), it is an extremely simple (and therefore, durable) design. And with my AI Contra amp, I haven't found a pre-amp to be necessary (or even slightly beneficial).

Here are some pictures:
    Ergo4
    Ergo5
    Ergo6
    Ergo7

These are $650 plus $30 shipping new. The first $450 takes it, and I'll pay shipping to anywhere in the 48 contiguous states. A buyer outside the lower 48 will need to pay the amount by which shipping exceeds $30. Other offers may be entertained.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Bassology

Bassology

Feb 2, 2006
    East Van
    PM sent

3. vanderbrook

Aug 21, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    I have received an offer on this. Will leave this posted until international shipping is negotiated and payment is received.

Mark

4. Michael Vee

Michael Vee Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Whoa, Mark! That is a ridiculously low price, bro!

5. vanderbrook

Aug 21, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Yeah... consider it someone's Christmas present. (I've got to pay for the new WAV4!)

Mark

6. how would you compare it to your wav4?

7. vanderbrook

Aug 21, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    I think the workmanship and the playability of the WAV are superior, but they should be -- it's a more expensive instrument. OTOH, the Ergo may sound more like an amplified acoustic than the WAV, especially in the lower and middle registers. I'm interested to see how the sound changes as the strings settle in; they're quite bright (not unlike the Spirocores on my Real Bass were when I first put them on).

Regards,
    Mark

8. Madness

Madness

Jul 27, 2005
    Madison, WI
    What's the status on this beautiful bass?

9. vanderbrook

Aug 21, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    I'm waiting for payment to arrive, hopefully by the 5th. If not before, I'll update this thread then.

Happy New Year,
    Mark

10. vanderbrook

Aug 21, 2001
    Denver, CO, USA
    Funds received, she's sold. She served me well...
    :crying:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.