1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ergo 5 EUB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by tiz_1, Nov 11, 2020.

1. tiz_1

tiz_1 Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Milford, CT
    Price:
    Strings:
    Ergo 5 EUB For Sale.

Read the megathread for info and background on these basses. In the megathread 2 you can see he process I went through to get correct strings on it (so yes it has brand new strings costing about $180). I didn't want to butcher it with odd brackets and such. All stock tuners and tailpiece. I can give you the string packages so you have a reference.

It has the upgrade heavy duty drum stand ($$) many went to for better stability. Works great. Comes with gig bag made from a shotgun case. All stock, plays well, sounds good. Has the usual nicks in finish of a used bass that has been moved around. Nothing serious. See pics.

I can take paypal but shipping is extra. I get decent rates through my work mailroom so figure somewhere between $30 and $98 depending on ground, 4day or 2 day. That quote was for CT to CA.

I can't seem to upload pics but I can email them to anyone interested or send a reference to a local craigslist ad if that is ok. IMG_0874.JPG IMG_0738.JPG IMG_0875.JPG IMG_0876.JPG IMG_0877.JPG IMG_0878.JPG IMG_0879.JPG IMG_0880.JPG IMG_0881.JPG IMG_0874.JPG IMG_0738.JPG IMG_0875.JPG IMG_0876.JPG IMG_0877.JPG IMG_0878.JPG IMG_0879.JPG IMG_0880.JPG IMG_0881.JPG

Jeff Elkins and stephen3547 like this.
  2. tiz_1

tiz_1 Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Milford, CT
    FYI the scale length is 42.25 inches. Had a few questions on that.

—Kevin

3. nbsipics

nbsipics Ours' is the only Reality of Consequence Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Looks like that stand alone would cost $400!

Good luck with the sale.

4. tiz_1

tiz_1 Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Milford, CT
    Yes. Thanks. Hoping someone sees the value here or makes a close offer. New strings alone were $180.

5. Matt Ides

Matt Ides Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hi. Low B and what are the strings you put on? Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  6. tiz_1

tiz_1 Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Milford, CT
    It is strung BEADG.
    B is ns616

EADG is set of Corelli 370m

—Kevin

Matt Ides likes this.
  7. tiz_1

tiz_1 Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Milford, CT
    I thought there was quite a bit of interest in these basses. Any helpful commments?

8. I'm VERY tempted with this, however, what gigs I had left, and there weren't many, were canceled last week. Your price seems more than fair. I'd say just be patient. Tough times for the music community right now. Would love to make this my personal Christmas present, just having a hard time justifying it with no gigs coming in.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  9. tiz_1

tiz_1 Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Milford, CT
    Of course - got that. Just hoping I wasn't way off on price or condition, etc.

Very helpful thanks.

--Kevin

10. bassically_eli

bassically_eli Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Mebane, NC
    Yeah, looks really cool. I do wish it had normal afterlength below the bridge. I think it's pretty much par for the course for DB/EUB sales to take a long while. There just aren't that many of us, our instruments are big and finnicky and cumbersome and generally pricey--although this looks like a great deal--so we don't buy new ones on a whim. And the few of us on the market at any given point in time are often nervous to buy without playing first.

11. bassically_eli

bassically_eli Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Mebane, NC
    How well does it bow? Also, sound samples would be great, both pizz and arco.

12. tiz_1

tiz_1 Supporting Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Milford, CT

I wouldn’t know since I have never used a bow. I could include one but I have no skill at using one. I suppose I could record a sound sample of pizz playing. If I suck at playing it does that make the bass less valuable?

—Kevin

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021