1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Ergo 5-String EUB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Steve9842008, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Steve9842008

Steve9842008

Jul 20, 2008
    Price:
    Strings:
    Selling an Ergo 5-string EUB (strung currently as E-C). Using Spirocore medium strings, all are fairly new and still very fresh.

Bought this off of someone locally about a month ago, but it wasn't my cup of tea. I've since purchased a NS design off of here, and no longer need this.

There are some wear dots/marks on the fretboard, the original owner had gigged/flown with this quite a bit. Comes with the stand+French bow. The pics below highlight the majority of the wear.

20160925_144017.jpg 20160925_144042.jpg 20160925_144047.jpg 20160925_144100.jpg

Ductapeman likes this.
  2. stephen3547

stephen3547

Apr 20, 2013
    Can you use gut/nylon strings on these babies?

3. Yes, the pickup is piezo.

4. Ductapeman

Ductapeman Ringmaster and Resident Geriatric Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2016
    The West Pole
    I started life as a drummer, but I got better
    If this is still for sale, I would like to buy it-- PM incoming. Thanks-- Lee

5. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Would this happen to still be available?

dcr

6. Ductapeman

Feb 7, 2016
    The West Pole
    He agreed to sell it to me on 11/07, logged in on 11/10 and then nothing, said he would get it packed over the long weekend (Veterans' Day), still waiting to hear back (I did tell him I wasn't in a hurry)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  7. Ductapeman

Feb 7, 2016
    The West Pole
    Nineteen days now since he's logged in to TalkBass-- I hope he's all right, but somehow I just don't think his heart is in it--

8. KinetiQ

KinetiQ

Jun 5, 2009
    Pittsburgh
    The tuners are (small) bass guitar type, so not only do you need a thinner string to fit the tuner (Jesse solders the steel strings and removes a layer or two of wrapping), but you also can't fit a ton of string on the peg. I tried a weedwhacker set out of curiosity and I couldn't get enough on the peg to bring it up to tension. Nobody's reported successfully using (or even trying) non-steel strings in either of the Ergo megathreads so unless you can get them to tension with only 2-3 wraps on the tuner, steel might be the only way to go.

9. Ductapeman

Feb 7, 2016
    The West Pole
    Since I'm predominantly a bass guitarist, none of the "problems" I've seen really bother me, since I was going to use it as a "big 5-string" anyway. Guess it doesn't matter now . . .

10. Ductapeman

Feb 7, 2016
    The West Pole
    ETA: PMed with Steve a week ago, he'd gotten lost in the holiday whirl, easy enough to do-- deal is still on-- he's replacing a bent peg-- updates as they happen--

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020