1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ergonomic computer mouse

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by two fingers, Jun 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Suggestions?

I do a lot of clicking at work. I feel strain in my right arm after a day of it. I have great muscle tone in my arms. So "weakness" is not an issue.

I found a couple that are well over $100. Meh. That seems excessive.

Edit: Maybe something that keeps the wrist in a more "natural" position? Possibly vertical or 45 degrees from the work surface?

Whataya think? What have you used?

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  2. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I've been very happy with this one for years.
    image.

3. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Thanks. I'll edit OP. I was thinking about something more vertical or maybe 45 degrees from surface. I think the turning of my writs is a contributing factor.

4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I know what you mean. Those are expensive and people either love or hate them. Is there a staples or Best Buy near you? They usually have a bunch of mice on display. Hell, buy and return later if necessary. A comfy mouse is important in today's world.

5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

They come in more colours than peach but I think this is the most suiting, very comfortable in your hand.

s-l300.

twocargar likes this.
  6. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Ah. Sorry. My coffee hadn't kicked in yet. I was not tuned into the universe well enough to pick up on Gorn clevernessity yet. :cool:

7. This is the one I use, and I'm on a computer all day at work. I had serious wrist pain at work, and switched to this and it made a 'uge difference.
    Contour Mouse - Contour Design

8. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I wasn't being smarmy. You gotta have a good mouse. I'm using one at least eight hours a day.

9. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

G700 Logitech. I have several new in the box purchased just in case they discontinue them. I've been using them since they first came out and have marathon sessions without fatigue. That it has mappable (sic) buttons is icing on the cake. The on the fly DPI buttons are sweet too.

Logitechg700-1.

10. Is that a two button mouse?:smug:

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  11. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    I use a Logitech trackball at home.

MJ5150 likes this.
  12. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    You like it?

13. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Check this thing out. A joystick mouse. Wonder if that's any good.
    k2-_4a3668d4-32db-4131-a84d-8f2c573b67dd.v1.

OldDog52 likes this.
  14. neckdive

neckdive

Oct 11, 2013
    Try one of the mouse pads with the higher 'wrist pillow' to support your wrist. That way the top of your fingers are lined up with the top of your forearm.

15. Fleebag

Fleebag Quacker!

Sep 7, 2013
    Illinois USA
    Get a trackpad, more natural than any mouse, your hand will thank you.

16. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    I've used one of these for years. It works. It probably saved me from severe CTS. Takes a little getting used to but it's a superior solution.

two fingers likes this.
  17. Velcro a levelling resting pad under your wrist, see if that rids the tension in the back of your hand. That's where I caught it when I was a mouser in a previous job.

18. two fingers

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I am unable to visualize what you're talking about. You mind finding a pic of something like it or a link to one? Thanks.

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I have one too, it's cordless. I've been using the same one since 2005.

For me, I also found the ergonomics on how I use my desk impacted how I felt. Perhaps look into that as well once you find a mouse you like?

-Mike

two fingers likes this.
  20. neckdive

neckdive

Oct 11, 2013
    Sort of like a homemade version of this product below made just to see if it corrects the pain. If it does, go out and buy one of these.

image.

two fingers likes this.