Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eric Avery

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Lazy, Jun 4, 2001.

1. Lazy

Lazy

May 30, 2001
    Vancouver BC
    Love the stuff he did with Jane's, I think he's one of the most underrated bassists out there!

2. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    I absolutely agree like 110%. He is one of my favorites. Every bass line is just so esessenstial to the song and just so fun to listen to... 3 Days, ..And Then She Did, Mountain Song, Ted Just Admit It... I could go on and on.

Every check out Deconstruction? It's a one off project he did w/ Dave Navarro, really good stuff.

3. 3 days is one of the best rock basslines ever, IMNSHO. that guy is great. what's he doing now?

4. Lazy

Lazy

May 30, 2001
    Vancouver BC
    Yeah, I've heard Deconstruction, I thought it was good, but the vocals really didn't get me that much. HAve you heard Polar Bear? It's Eric's own project!

5. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Yeah the vocals on Deconstruction are an aquired taste(they've actually grown on me a lot), but I think the lyrics are really good, and his phrasing and inflections make up for what he lacks in melody.

I have both of Polar Bear's CD's. They're cool but I don't like Eric's bass lines as much. A lot of them don't really grab me like his other work. I heard that Polar Bear broke up :(. As for other projects I know that he toured as Peter Murphy's bass player a couple of years ago. Hopefully we'll hear something new from him one of these days.

6. Janes addiction is one of my favorite band s of all time. The were truly a band ahead of their time. Eric was truly amazing in the band, but its kinda weird that chemistry can never be replaced. Polar Bear and Deconstruction is alright, but it cant be comparable to Janes.

7. killer B

killer B

Apr 18, 2000
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    It's true about Jane's having a unique chemistry. I've read an interview with Eric and he said that unique chemistry helped them create such inovative music it's also what made the band have a short lifespan.