Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

eric heatherly

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JWC, Apr 2, 2001.

1. JWC

JWC Banned

Oct 4, 2000
    Is this guy some kind of crooner or country singer. I heard his song "swimming in champagne" the other day and was very mesmorized by the odd blend of Chris Isaak like crooner music and regular old country. This guy is great.

2. You've got great taste man. Heatherly IS awesome. To me he's more retro-rockabilly than anything, but he's definitly a hybrid of many musical styles. He's one of those guys who's probably "too good" to make it in the crappy land of todays poorly reheated Eagles passing as "country"(?). I was in a band that was on the same bill as him last summer at Riverfront park in Nashville during Fan fair. He's an awesome lead player, and a good entertainer too. Long before he had a record deal, he was something of a "legend" at Tootsies and other lower Broadway bars in Nashville. His debut single, that did quite well on the charts, was a remake of the Statler Brothers classic "Flowers on the wall". He turned down a chance to be another "hat act" several years ao, so he deserves credit for staying true to himself and not selling out. Of course, at the same time it will probably cost him a long career on a commercial level. Trent