Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eric Lane?

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Comrade Lewis, May 9, 2005.

1. Comrade Lewis

Comrade Lewis Guest

Jun 20, 2004
    Athens, Ga
    Hey guys, i am currently trying out this bow by Eric Lane. The bow is incredibly good, but i dont know anything about him. If you guys have any information id be quite happy to hear it.

2. Heifetzbass

Heifetzbass Commercial User

Feb 6, 2004
    Upstate, SC
    Owner, Gencarelli Bass Works and Fine String Instruments, LLC.
    I spent many years playing gigs with Eric. He is a very good bass player as well as a bow maker. He is originally from the Augusta, GA area, but now works at Reunning and Sons in Boston. He studied bow making with Reid Hudson and bass at the University of Georgia. He has made a lot of quality bows (vln, vla, cello, and bass) and has a lot of them in the orchestras in the SC and GA areas. I played almost every bass bow he made until he moved to Boston around two years ago. Never played one I couldn't work with- some fit me better than others, but he wasn't making them for me...

I am still planning on commissioning a bow from him in the future. You could probably reach him at the shop. If you are looking at one of his bows he would probably be happy to answer any questions.

Good Luck,
    Brian

3. Comrade Lewis

Comrade Lewis Guest

Jun 20, 2004
    Athens, Ga
    That was super helpful! The comrade thanks you.

4. Heifetzbass

Heifetzbass Commercial User

Feb 6, 2004
    Upstate, SC
    Owner, Gencarelli Bass Works and Fine String Instruments, LLC.
    No prob- if you see Milton or James tell them I said Hi.
    Brian