1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eric Steiner bows

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Cellist&Bassist, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Cellist&Bassist

Cellist&Bassist

Nov 7, 2004
    I am curious as to whether anybody here uses, or has even heard of Eric Steiner bows. I am trying to figure out anything about them. I use a E.S. German bow for my bass and use two of his bows on the cello as well. I have also tried one of his French bass bows. I was very impressed with all of them, despite the fact some are a little lite. If anyone knows anything about him or his bows or where i can find more info please let me know. :help:

2. I've been using an Eric Steiner bow, French style, for about a year and a half. My teacher has been using the same Eric Steiner bow for about ten years. For a lightweight, fairly inexpensive bow, they do a good job. My teacher is happy with his, and ditto for me. They don't produce as much sound as a couple of heavier bows that I've tried, but they seem like a good value.

I also tried to find out some personal information abot Eric Steiner and couldn't find anything, Internet or otherwise. If you do find anything out, I'd be interested in seeing it.