Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eric Wilson from Sublime

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Erlendur Már, Jul 14, 2001.

1. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Does anyone here know what he´s doing now?

2. long beach dub all-stars, of course.

3. isn't he playing geeter for the LBDA?

4. no.

5. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    I don't know what he's doing right now, but I just recently got into Sublime. I always thought they were OK, now they are awesome. Definatly some kick ass basslines too. And dancehallclasher's signature is awesome, POINTY GUITARS ROK!

6. td1368

td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Philadelphia
    How is LBDA's sound relative to Sublime? I saw the blurp BP magazine had on him and decided to pickup some Sublime CD' s. Really digging Eric's playing. I can't believe BP magazine hasn't had a cover story on him yet. So what happened to Brad the lead singer. Did he die from an overdose or something?

7. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    hey

cool to hear yoiur gettin into sublime. They really are a great band that got cut short do to sum bad choices i guess. Brad died from a drug overdose unfortunately. He was a great singer and musician, it sux. The rest of the guys from sublime started LBDAS. I HIGHLY reccomend u listen to their cd. Its an amazing blend of sublime/dub/reggae/rock. Whats intresting is they dont really have a main singer. They get all kinds of people to sing on their cd, and even when its someone in their band singing, its not the same person everytime.

8. td1368

td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Philadelphia
    It's not that I live in a box but usually when a band gets really popular I ten d to ignore their music. Which was the case with Sublime. So I bought Second Hand Smoke which I've been enjoying. Thanks for the review I'm always reluctant to shell out bucks for a band I'm not that familar with.

9. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I have got to check out Long Beach Dub All-stars! Do you guys recommend anything..?

10. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    the long beach dub all stars only have one cd, i think its called right back, thats your only option so go get it.