Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eric Wilson (Sublime/Long Beach Dub Allstars) Bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by de la mocha, Oct 5, 2005.

1. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    I love sublime's basslines and even my mom, who hates anything cool, likes some of there songs. I haven't heard any of the long beach dub allstar albums yet but lets talk sublime bass grooves for a moment.

Do you guys like how their bassist lays it down? I personally want to be like him and Tim commerford! Any Eric Wilson fans here?

2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Eric Wilson is a good bassist, always liked his feel.

3. True...i love the bassline to santaria and badfish...he is pretty good!

4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    yeah man, laid-back far enough to rename them the San Bernardino Dub Allstars.
    :D

5. de la mocha

de la mocha

Aug 20, 2005
    NEW JERSEY
    What does he look like though? Anyone have any pics, I lost my CD covers, I use the cases....

6. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hehe, good to see your mom found her true purpose in life.

7. [​IMG]

8. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    Eric Wilson is flat out one of the best bassist of all time , He has a great feel for groove. Sublime is a favorite band of mine and the band im in , we have a sound similar. They are flat out great.

9. The Lurker

The Lurker

Aug 16, 2002
    Ankh-Morpork
    [​IMG]

Hell of a player, but.... not a handsome man:cool:

10. Tom

Tom

Sep 7, 2005
    Davis, CA
    He's a man with some style, to be sure. You can have technique, but feel is what you're paid to deliver.

11. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    He's a great bassist. I haven't listened to Sublime in years though ...I think I 'overdosed' on them in the mid '90's (along w/ everyone else in CA, haha). Pawn Shop is a classic simple groove and I still love those runs/fills in Date Rape. Sadly, they were a very hit or miss live band - but not because of Eric.

12. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Great bassist! Lots of melody and noodlin' but without ever losing the groove.

Ziggens Greatest Hits is still one of my favorite cover basslines to play. :)