1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Erich Steiner vs Glasser

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by inrharmony, Feb 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. inrharmony

inrharmony

Nov 22, 2015
    I have SEEN the light!! I have NOTHING (for I have not the qualification of a distinct bass fiddler) upon which to base my analysis save for just having used both bows upon my URB. I will say this, with absolute confidence, however, within the confines of the above-stated parameters....the difference between a $100 fiberglass bow and a $300 Brazilwood bow is a HUGE leap, and well worth the added expense. Yes, I know....there are far better bows than the latter....but for my hybrid Shen, I think this will do quite nicely.

Steve Freides likes this.
  2. korndogg524

korndogg524

Jul 16, 2016
    I was actually previously running the exact same setup. I have a Shen 180 hybrid that I was using a $300 Brazilwood wood Erich Steiner bow on! I recently upgraded to a $750 pernambuco that is amazing, however the difference in the Glassear fiberglass (which was the first bow I got) to the Steiner bow, is more extreme than the difference between the new bow to the old one. This video is mainly about guitars the idea is essentially the same for all musical instruments and by extension most upper tier objects, that the higher you go, the less bang for your buck you get. Play it until you feel you've outplayed it and have moved beyond it's capabilities, unless you use a bow sparingly, then you could probably keep it until it breaks! Just remember to get it re-haired every once and a while and it could last you ages :)