1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Erland Casperson

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by paradigm_shift, Sep 19, 2008.

1. paradigm_shift

paradigm_shift

Mar 29, 2007
    Hey all,
    I thought I would point out this bassist to give you guys something to check out. He fast is becoming one of my favourite bass players of late .Am so stoaked he will be playing bass on the next Deeds of Flesh cd! Below is his youtube account:

http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=bajskung

What do you think? For those who are already fans do you guys know what he has sessioned on, interested in checking out some more of his playing...

Cheers all

2. Enmesarra

Enmesarra

Apr 29, 2007
    Turkey
    It's Erlend Caspersen actually.

He's got a great technique and can reach incredible speeds and I'm a fan of him, however, IMO, his biggest weak point is that he usually doesn't know when to play simple bass lines.

Sean Malone says "in general, the bass part should support the rest of the band but also have an identity independent of the other players. a good bass line has the perfect combination of those two elements. don't think you have to overplay to get attention, by letting others shine, you shine yourself." and that explains the whole deal for me. Erlend has to do a bit work on balancing the overplay thing :) , but like I said, that's my opinion.

Oh, by the way, his tattoo on his right arm looks fantastic while playing :)

3. paradigm_shift

paradigm_shift

Mar 29, 2007
    My Apologies, I've seen it (mis)spelt several different ways so far.. and I typed the wrong one...

4. Erlend

Erlend

Apr 25, 2006
    New deeds song up on www.myspace.com/deedsflesh, for those who are into that kind of stuff. bass turned out pretty good, I think.