Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Erni ball hybrid slinky!

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by cone, Aug 2, 2002.

1. cone

cone Guest

Oct 13, 2001
    Georgia
    i just put a new set of erni ball hybrid slinkys on my p bass, and i gotta say there awsome, they got a great bassy sound to them, any one else have, and how long will this good sound last?

2. they are great strings, especially with there price. mine only last for about 3 or 4 months though.

3. RyKnoz

RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    NYC
    Got them on for about 3 months now, still has a nice sound to them. Really nice strings.

4. I got the Super Slinkys but I'm pretty sure they get the same sound. I'm happy with the Ernie Balls all together.

5. .........mine lasted two weeks....!!!:(

And I wasn't too impressed with the sound of them either; too trebly and too liable to fret noise.

But I usually use groundwounds, and had to switch due to groundwounds being impossible to get here.

I'm still not gonna get 'em again though.

6. I use the Hybrid Slinky strings and i love them....I haven't had the chance to experiment with other brands but i am satisfied with them and have bought them ever since i started playing.