1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ernie ball 5-strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by slipknot229, Nov 25, 2001.

1. I just strung up my BTB505 with ernie ball strings and i must say im quite disappointed. The E-G strings are nice and live, the B string however seems DEAD. no matter how hard i play, its not that loud. so, is this a defective set or should i try another string brand. the gauges are, from B-G, 130, 100, 80, 65, 45.

I heard dean markleys are quite nice but i'd like to hear some other peoples opinions based on experince. thanks a lot.

-CHRIS

2. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Im pretty sure its a defective set. Ive had nothing but excellent results with ernie ball strings, both 4 and 5 string sets. Their B strings are especially good. I would go back to the store you got them and complain that your B was dead. They will either give you a new B or a whole new set. If they are a bunch of jackasses, just email ernie ball and they'll be glad to send you a new set. IME, ernie ball strings rule. They just dont last very long compared to DR strings. I think they are the best feeling and sounding strings though.