Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ernie Ball audiophile

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CQBASS, Feb 22, 2005.

1. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    Ok. here's the situation: I've had my Trace AH-300 on the road with me since 1990. That alone says alot for the trace. No real repairs (just maintenence) and it's been great. It is however time to move on. I've run across an Ernie Ball audiophile 500. i've never used one and am curious if anyone here has any experience with it. I like the idea of separate eq'd switchable channels. Of course in a perfect world I'd be going WW ultra. But in this the actual world of money and whatnot that's going to have to wait. PS. the EB is selling for $500. Any thoughts?

2. Hi,

Never tried those amps, but I heard the bassist of Larry Carlton and Steve Lukather playing on it, very huge sound for me!!
    But Does EB sell them anymore??

Vince

3. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Hi guys.....The EB head was made by MarkBass of Italy and is well regarded as a good reliable head. They have a tube emulation knob that earns good remarks for dialing in a bit of grit. Trip over to the Markbass website and check out the various models. I know there is one model that looks very very similar to the EB head. The specs may be the same. Can't remember.

The players in Italy that use Markbass love them. BP did a review of one of their combos. Some good things to say.

I'm picking up my Markbass head Saturday.

Vince....it's snowing here up the road in Geneva. Ya got snow tonight?

4. CQBASS

CQBASS

Dec 1, 2004
    Asheville NC
    Apparently they made them under the EB name in 2000-01. I just don't know that much more about them. I would love to hear before I buy though. It sure looks like it's well made. I really need a versatile sounding head, so that's a big consideration too.

5. Nothing in Annecy and perhaps in Marignier...
    You'll get a Mark Bass head?? where do you buy it?? I tried one with a F Bass @ Lucky Music, wasn't impressed....but I didn't change settings was here to try the and not the amp! As I'm shy, didn't asked...

Vince